streamplayer - no audio when streaming audio only?

Thus spake Udo Richter (udo_richter@xxxxxx):

> Lars Fredriksson wrote:
> >I'm trying to use VLC to stream an mms:// as MPGA to my VDR-box where I
> >have installed the streamplayer plugin, but I get no sound!
> >
> >Streamplyer says it's receiving a stream and the bitrate show, the
> >buffering value goes up to the value a specify and the starts over from
> >0 again.
>
> The problem is that the current (primitive) code waits forever to detect
> a video packet to know its PID. Audio-only streams are not yet really
> supported.
>
> One workaround is to mix in some video dummy stream, another is to fool
> the detection: If you first play a short video clip, and then start the
> audio stream, streamplayer already has found a PID for video and
> continues playing even if no video data arrives. This should work even
> if the http stream reconnects, just exiting and re-starting streamplayer
> will trigger a new detection.

Hi!

Ooops, I didn't read the README ;) I think the only solution that would
work for me is to mix in a video stream, this might be OT - but is there
any tips about a program that can help me do that? I've googled a lot
around VLC but as I've understood it can't mix two different sources.

Thanks, Lars!