[ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.5.0

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> VDR developer version 1.5.0 is now available at
>
>     ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.5.0.tar.bz2
>
> A 'diff' against the latest stable version is available at
>
>     ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.4.5-1.5.0.diff
>

> WARNING:
> ========
>
> This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
> environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
> conditions and for testing and debugging.
>

> This version focuses mainly on improvements in CAM handling.
> The highlights are:
>
> - Improved CAM menu and reset handling.
> - Automatic selection of suitable CAM in a system with several CAMs
>   that claim to decrypt a given channel.
> - Decrypting of several channels on the same transponder (if the
>   CAM is able to do this).
>

> The changes since version 1.4.5:
>
> - The CAM handling has been refactored. Instead of a cCiHandler per device there
>   is now an abstract cCiAdapter and a cCamSlot. This allows each slot to be
>   accessed individually.
> - The general 15 seconds workaround time before opening the CAM menu has been
>   removed. If the CAM menu doesn't open within a timeout, the enter menu command
>   is now sent again.
> - If a CAM is reset or pulled and reinserted, it now automatically starts
>   decrypting the current channel again.
> - The Setup/CAM menu now dynamically refreshes its items and displays whether
>   a CAM is present or ready. The 'Reset' function no longer leaves the menu.
> - The CAM menu will now be openend when pressing the Ok key on a slot entry.
> - The CAM menu now stays within the current menu context and doesn't close and
>   reopen the menu every time an option is selected.
> - When an encrypted channel is switched to for the first time, VDR now checks
>   explicitly whether a CAM can actually decrypt that channel. If there is more
>   than one CAM in the system that claims to be able to decrypt the channel,
>   they are all tried in turn.
>   To make this possible, an encrypted channel needs to be received in Transfer
>   Mode when it is switched to for the first time, so that VDR can determine
>   whether the TS packets are actually decrypted. Once a channel is known to
>   be decrypted by a particular CAM, the next time it is switched to it will
>   be shown in normal live viewing mode.
> - A cDevice now automatically detaches all cReceiver objects that receive PIDs
>   that can't be decrypted with the current CAM. A plugin that attaches a cReceiver
>   to a device should therefore watch the receiver's IsAttached() function to
>   see if it is still attached to the device.
> - The cReceiver constructor no longer takes an 'int Ca' as its first parameter,
>   but rather a 'tChannelID ChannelID'. This is necessary for the device to be
>   able to determine which CAM a particular channel can be decrypted with. If the
>   channel is known to be unencrypted, or a plugin doesn't want to provide the
> [...]

Hi,

with a quick test with this new version I was unable to get the
decrypting to work. I have a Technotrend C1500 budget card with budget
CI and a Dual CAM Irdeto + Conax (Conax is used). This combinations
works flawlessly with 1.4.* series. Here are some relevant log entries:

Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12494] video directory scanner thread
started (pid=12493, tid=12494)
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12495] video directory scanner thread
started (pid=12493, tid=12495)
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12493] probing /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12497] CI adapter on device 0 thread
started (pid=12493, tid=12497)
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12495] video directory scanner thread
ended (pid=12493, tid=12495)
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12494] video directory scanner thread
ended (pid=12493, tid=12494)
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12497] CAM 1: module present
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12493] probing /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12498] tuner on device 1 thread started
(pid=12493, tid=12498)
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12499] section handler thread started
(pid=12493, tid=12499)
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12493] probing /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0
Jan  8 00:00:14 localhost vdr: [12493] found 2 video devices
Jan  8 00:00:17 localhost vdr: [12497] CAM 1: module ready
Jan  8 00:00:20 localhost vdr: [12497] CAM 1: Conax 4.00e, 01, 0B00, 04B1
Jan  8 00:00:24 localhost vdr: [12497] CAM 1: doesn't reply to QUERY -
only a single channel can be decrypted
Jan  8 00:00:24 localhost vdr: [12493] switching to channel 11

BTW: I have been patching the device.c in 1.4.* series so that my other
card, TT budget DVB-C v1.0, is always preferred for FTA channel
recordings. Otherwise the precious CAM could be wasted in an FTA
recording. I understood that you are planning on restructuring the
priority model in 1.5.*. Have you taken in consideration the situation
with budget-only environment with one or more CIs?

-Petri