New VDR hardware

On Thursday 04 January 2007 10:20, Laz wrote:

> Hmmm...I've got one of these and I've never seen it disconnect yet
> (a few months so far...fingers crossed!).
>
> When I've seen USB disconnections with two USB2 Nova-T devices, I was
> getting things like /dev/dvb/adapter0, /dev/dvb/adapter2,
> /dev/dvb/adapter3, i.e. adapter1 missing from where one of them had
> been originally before disconnecting and then being reassigned as
> adapter3! in this situation, vdr only sees the first DVB device
> because it starts at adapter0 and stops counting when the next number
> doesn't exist.

This is something I would like to change.
Just let vdr iterate over (number only an example) the first 8 dvb-adapters
and try them.

For now you can also have your runvdr give vdr the parameters -D 0 -D 2 -D 3
(script loop) to use all adapters.

Or better: Ask hal (if available) to enumerate them. That could even enable us
to get vdr hotplug-able.
My long term goal is to get the dvb-driver no longer crash on disconnect, but
just signalize The error ENODEV. And that vdr cope with device plug/unplug.

Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)