[RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Hi,

Udo Richter wrote:
> Actually, whether this is internally or externally, the complexity stays
> the same. It would probably work mostly the same way: Tweak the wakeup
> time, detect this on wakeup, start the EPG scan, go offline.

perhaps this is too trivial, but why not create a daily or whatever
timer as you suggested before with a special name like '@epgscan' and
react on that? VDR would not create a recording for this timer but start
an EPG scan and shut down, if no other timer is active. I think this is
quite simple to implement.
One could even extend this to a more generic approach: '@command1' as
timer file could execute a command in line 1 of commands.conf, that is
e.g. an external EPG update script.

BR,

Christian