New VDR hardware

In <CFDC7DC2-B458-461F-A98A-9F42B66CAC41@xxxxxxxxx>, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> ATIs and NVIDIAs latest
> chipset can do adaptive deinterlacing (simple BOB or WEAVE doesn't
> suffice), and has a much higher resolution available for HDTV
> decoding and scaling when doing XvMC decoding.

How good is Linux support for these? I was under the impression that
XvMC doesn't work with ATI at all, and is broken in many versions of
NVidia's Linux drivers. And that the latter don't support deinterlacing
even though the hardware has been capable for quite a while now (since
6600 I heard).

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk