vdr-xine & xine volume level problems

Hi!
I have a setup with server hosting vdr (and vdr-xine plugin) and a frontend
machine using xine to stream through LAN. The setup has been working well
for the past year or so, but now I have a little problem in my hands. I'm
using my amplifier for volume control and xine&vdr volume is at 100% always.
But for some reason now every time I lauch xine in the frontend, the xine
volume level goes instantly to almost zero and I have to manually raise it
back to 100%. I have noticed that this behavior starts to occur after
VDR crash (which happens very seldom),.. so far it has happened once before
and at that time restarting VDR again fixed the problem. But now the problem
came to stay.. Any ideas? I'm using currently VDR 1.4.3 and xine-plugin
0.7.10. When this happened at the first time, I had some older versions of
VDR and xine-plugin.

regards, Mika