xineliboutput settings help.

jori.hamalainen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I think with XVMC you don't get deinterlacing, because you forward sort of mpeg
> data to video card, and if videocard cannot do proper deinterlacing. Starting
> from Nvidia 6600 there is purevideo hardware deinterlacers which work ok on
> Windows side.

Here is a summary

http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html

For SDTV the "spatial temporal" deinterlacing is supported up from 6150
and 6200 chips. A 6600 is need for HD. Despite of rumours in the nvidia
forum nothing has happened to support Linux :^(

> On possible direction would be investigating xv_deinterlace if that can be used.
> But probably not with XVMC.

I have been able to activate in the past some kind of linear blend (loss
of vertical resolution) and bob (some blinking) deinterlacers with xxmc.
Since xine-lib CVS 1.1.3/4 and new Nvidia binary drivers I'm not able to
activate deinterlacing any more.

This is a bit off-thread but I guess the pain in the *** interlaced
video won't be killed in near future. Has anyone been able to output
with xinelibout properly scaled video to 1080i over DVI/HDMI without
need to de-interlace in PC but in the display device?

I need X.org and like to play games in the HTPC so fbdev is not an
option for me.

BR,
Seppo