FF card A/V sync suggestion

First, I too want to express my gratitude & appreciation towards the people
actively persuing a once & for all fix to this problem!  So what about
this...  Copy the mplayer code that does the PES layer and slap it into vdr
just to test if the problem persists?  It seems that the majority opinion is
this is in fact a vdr issue rather than a firmware issue but whats the
opinion of the person who develops the firmware (if anyone knows)?