xinelib error??? video_out: throwing away image

On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 18:15 +0100, Ulf Elsner wrote:
> Am Samstag, 11. November 2006 17:43 schrieb Simon Baxter:
> > Hi.
>
> Hello,
>
> > I'm having intermittant problems when replaying vdr recordings with
> > xineliboutput.  Every few minutes I get an audio/video slip/break and
> > stdout reports:
> >
> > video_out: throwing away image with pts 124350653 because it's too old
> > (diff
> >
> > : 29229)
> >
> > Is this a xinelib message?  I'm running a xine-lib taken from cvs on the
> > 4th of June 2006

It is xine-lib message, for sure.
Basically, with xineliboutput it indicaters your A/V sync is out of
order... ? or you are really out of CPU power.
In normal situations Y should never see this msg (unless for "frame
sync", when switching channels etc.
when switching channels etc.
What kind of system you are using ?
Does this msg appear only when switching channels or starting replay ?
If yes, pse, post me (private mail ?) your complete logs + audio and
video config with (maybe even complete system cfg).

> Yes, it is.
> This normally indicates that your system ist too slow for replaying videos.
> It can be a misconfiguring of the used software, or too many task running
> simultaneously or thelike.

That's right.

Typically running vdr nd vdr-sxfe iun same machine takes up to twice the
CPU load compared to separate systems.

PII 400 is just enough to decode + display mpeg2, but if Y have vdr
running in same machine you should double each one.