How to determine that VDR is ready to go ?

On Friday 10 November 2006 08:37, vdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to know when vdr is ready with its initializatin routines (
> starting plugins etc ). This is necessary to optimize the system boot up
> time, because starting other services should wait until vdr is ready. Till
> now I do a "sleep 15", but thats not really nice ;) A possible workaround
> is to count the vdr pids and when this number does not grow for about 3
> seconds I decide that startup is done. Also I can search the syslog for
> special messages, but thats all not very handy. Any other ideas are welcome
> :)
> Bye
> Helmut

Hi Helmut,
you can wait for VDR responding to svdrp-connections.

Matthias

PS: Some plugins seem to do too much in its initialization routine. e.g.
audiorecorder tries to load all filenames at start which takes for me around
30s.

--
Matthias Schwarzott
Gentoo Developer