FF card A/V sync suggestion

Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Does mplayer really play PES data 'as is'?
> Afaik it recodes data to MPEG-1.(?)

 From CPU load on my machine, mplayer cannot do much with the signal.
The CPU load is even lower than the VDR load when playing back 001.vdr.
And even decoding in sotware would out-run my machine.

But I guess they decode the PES stream into two ES streams with
additional timing, and re-pack it to a new PES stream.

Which leads to the open question, does the firmware/driver get confused
by slight jitter in PTS values of audio PES packets? Or is this compensated?

Cheers,

Udo