AW: AW: Problem with audio sync in playback - maybe caused by ntpd stepping local clock?

martin wrote:
> So, as far as i can read with my basic knowledge: if there is a difference
> of more then 2 (don't know the unit, but I think it must be seconds), there
> is a step in time.

If SAT time and internal clock differ by more than 2 seconds, and this
time offset is reported twice in a row, the clock is set in one step.

> This can be sometimes not so nice, as it can give
> consistency problems (e.g.: timestamps in syslog or file system)

Even more severe. In case of very large time jumps, this can even lead
to the famous "video data stream broken" and similar timeout issues.

Cheers,

Udo