VDR deletes directories

On Monday 09 October 2006 15:50, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the problem that VDR deletes directories in my /video0 or
> /video1 ... which not belongs to VDR.
>
> I use vdrconvert to convert my VDR recordings to DVDs so I have a
> directory /video1/filme which VDR deletes and vdrconvert breaks.
>
> Is it possible to deny the delete of this directory?

I think the general consensus is, don't have non-vdr stuff under /video
directories! Have you tried setting the permissions on the directories so
they cannot be removed?

> (vdr is running as root here)

Eeeek! Also makes permissions a bit more complex than just changing
ownership to the non-vdr user.

Can you put the directory elsewhere and use a symbolic link in /video, and
check it exists before running vdrconvert?

Cheers,

Laz