News story: Fox TV tries fixed image ads

Hi,

German Netzeitung writes on http://www.netzeitung.de/internet/443044.html
that Fox TV tries to force ads even in digital recordings by using fixed
images. According to the story, you can't skip or cut fixed images.
What kind of nonsense are they writing? Why should it be "technically
impossible" to cut fixed images, e.g. from an MPEG2 stream? Maybe
automatic ad cutters can't spot them (by now) but you should always be
able to do the job manually. Or am I missing something?

I can't find an English version of the article above, sorry. You can
always use the fish, though, even if it sounds funny. Maybe someone from
the U.S. can confirm or deny the story?

--
Please try to limit the amount of "this room doesn't have any bazingas"
until you are told that those rooms are "punched out".  Once punched