Channel sorting idea

CR wrote:
> Having a seperate file to maintain categories seems like it wouldn't break
> existing EPG and/or VDR code.  Maybe VDR could provide an option to flip
> between "raw" channels.conf and "categorized" channels.

I agree that the channel chaos currently is VDR's greatest weakness.

Your idea of having a separate configuration file that allows me to
work with a subset of the real channel list would help a lot, but
it would not solve all problems.

>From my point of view, the main problem is that channels change every day.
I am forced to keep track of that, which turns out to be a lot of work.

I have tried to sort away channels that I do not care for into groups
(using the existing channel group feature). The trouble with that is,
that such a channel could change into a channel I do care for.

Channels I do not care for include:

*  Channels that I cannot decrypt.

*  Channels that only have audio languages that I do not understand.

*  Shopping / Advertizing / Porn 0900.

*  Sports.

*  Radio.

If there would be an automatic way to keep those 5 out,
it would be much easier to group the rest (maybe using your
"categorized" channels idea).

Carsten.