Feature Request: MySQL interface for EPG/configuration

> Rene Bartsch wrote:
>> if the configuration (channels, transponders, options) and EPG would be
>> stored in a MySQL-DB other applications could easily use that data
>> instead
>> of doing expensive scans of the files again and again.
>>
>> Maybe there could be a compiler switch or even a command-line option for
>> VDR to switch between file and SQL mode.
>>

> this could even solve some problems regarding synchronisation/thread
> safeness. But IMHO this sounds like a feature of VDR 2.0 ;-)

For a start one could just use the same DB-tables and structures as the
current EPG/configuraton files are. That way the class writing the files
could be easily inherited with the writing functions overwritten by
functions with MySQL queries. A compiler switch would then select between
the two classes at compile time. Unfortunately I don't have enough C++
skills to do it myself.

Renne