libxineoutput - A/V Sync

Im experiencing a problem with libxineoutput.  The video and audio are
out of sync.  the settings for the plugin correct it good for one
channel, but then are out for another channel, so Ive had to put it in
the "middle" so its kinda out of sync equally across all channels, but I
find it unacceptable.  I also have an A/V sync problem on another
machine playing DVD's, where mplayer is fine, so I suspect it to be
xine-lib, rather than the plugin, I am just wondering if anyone else has
seen this.  VDR 1.4.0, CVS libxineoutput.  Latest xine-lib 1.1.2-r1 I
believe.

I shoud note that Im using spdif passthru.  the DVD playback on another
machine is regular analog.

Thanks