When will first 1.5 version of VDR see the daylight?

Pasi Juppo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not that I have any urgent need for v1.5-series VDR but just interested
> in when first version is planned to released for public testing.

Well, so far I've been busy doing maintenance patches for the
1.4-series, but I hope this will finally settle soon.

The first thing I want to address in version 1.5 is the problem with
systems that contain more than one CAM that implements a particular
encryption method, but only one (or "not all") of them actually
has a smart card to decrypt a given channel. This is not an easy task,
because the DVB standard is pretty messy in that area, and the few
useful things it defines aren't even implemented (correctly) in
various CAMs. So I guess I'll need to actually try to receive
a channel on each of the devices/CAMs that claim to be able to
decrypt it, and see whether there is an actual decrypted TS delivered
from it. Of course this makes the whole process of selecting devices
for recording or live view more complex...

The other thing that goes into that direction is support for CAMs
that can decrypt more than one channel at the same time. Once these
two problems are solved, I'll release version 1.5.0 ;-)

Klaus