Error while Recording and loose signal

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> for some reason channel A fails because of a thunderstorm
> or a covered lnc (think bird) or one of several DVB cards
> have a problem with the reception (cable unplugged, wrong
> diseqc commands issued or whatever), which leads to a vdr
> which is restarting every 10-15 seconds, and all other
> receptions will be affected ...

Yes, it is problematic. But the only way to unload the drivers is to
make sure they're not used any more, and that requires VDR to be
stopped. Driver crashes are rare these days, but reloading drivers may
have an effect after all.
(for me, I sometimes have problems with multiswitch signaling, and
powering off and on the LNB power can help in this case)

Cheers,

Udo