From: "Marco Goebenich" <mg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Offtopic] US Television (near Washington D.C.)

Hi!

I won't only watch TV, I planning to use my vdr to record. But what I am
asking me, could there most channels recieved digital via (DVB) or are
there only analog signals.

Regards

Marco

Timothy D. Lenz schrieb:
> I'm not in Washington, but getting channels in the US is basicly the same
> everywhere. You need a TV that can work with NTSC signals insted of PAL.
> You
> should be able to find some stations with just some "rabbit ear" antenas
> that mount on the back of the TV. Or find a radio shack near you and get
> an
> antena to put on your roof. The sales man can tell you whcih way to point
> it
> and what channel numbers to expect to get. Then flip through the channels.
> Should at the least have the 3 big old networks, CBS, NBC, and ABC. Don't
> know what numbers they will fall on there. For cable you will likly have
> subscribe.

vierzehn             Bahnhofstr. 27       Telefon 0 26 32 / 98 98 - 120
public relations     56626 Andernach      Telefax 0 26 32 / 98 98 - 111
GmbH & Co. KG                             E-Mail: mg@xxxxxxxxxxxx