adjusting LIRC key repeats

Simon Baxter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I've just switched to an LIRC based remote to control VDR, but find the key
> repeat time annoying for scrolling down long menus or tracking through a
> video clip.  The key repeat is too long!

Hi Simon,

how many repeats do you get with irw in 10 seconds?
 From this calculate how much time is between two repeats.

If this is too long, it has to be adjusted in your lirc.conf or in the
lirc driver for your lirc receiver. I?m assuming your remote is sending
the repeats fast enough, but maybe that is not the case?

If this is sufficient short, you could experiment with lowering the
value of REPEATFREQ in  VDR/lirc.c.
HTH, J?rg