automatic conversion of recordings to mpeg?

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 15:17, JikJikMan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How should I change my vdr box to automatically run projectx or vdrsync
> after each recording finish to change that recording to mpeg?

Usually one does this only for selected recordings.

One of the reasons is that you probably also want to properly cut the
recording before conversion.

You might want to have a look at the VDR wiki, it probably answers
some of the questions you might have in advance:

http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Main_Page

I usually take all the plugin links from there when I assemble a new
VDR version (plugins, patches, vdradmin-am, etc)

Kind regards,
Stefan