Integration VDR and Plutohome

vdr-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 14.07.2006 11:24:31:

> > > This is a good news because I'd like to use VDR with Pluto. But
where
> > > can I see some information about it? Maybe we can participate in
> > > burgiman's work. You can email me or skype me - nite_man
> >
> > Only way is the thread at vdr-portal.de (I know you've found it
> already :) or
> > burgiman directly ... don't know if there is a forum on VDR at
plutohome
> > somewhere !?
> >
> > Last message from burgiman was this one:
> > http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=491579#post491579
> >
> > Translated it would read:
> > Burgiman is waiting for .40 to be released ... when it is out he is
going to
> > put all vdr-stuff up to the repository-server.
> > So one only need to do a
> > apt-get install pluto-vdr4
> > to get VDR!
>
> Good news! So, we have to just wait for a new Pluto release to get VDR
> under Pluto. Well, let's see.

Burgiman/Andre personally also added a warning that Plutohome is currently
in alpha/demo modus in 50% of the features.
He recommends waiting at lease 2..3 releases for setting up a production
system for normal users.
It might get frustrating getting around the bugs otherwise.

regards Peter

P.S. he seems to be working on other Plutohome features as well (audio,
slimserver, shoutcast) to get things running.