vdr-xine & xine-lib 1.1.2 (patch update)

I demand that Gregoire Favre may or may not have written...

> On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:47:20PM +0100, Darren Salt wrote:
[snip]
>> Why as root?

> Because with some of the xine cvs it sometimes fails without root
> privileges (as some files in make install are created there with root
> passwd) but xine is the only program I have to use root to compile...

Specific examples, patches? (I've not seen anything like that.)

>> Duplication: automake is run by autogen.sh.

> Then my first script was indeed correct :-)

... however, it's not usually necessary to regenerate *everything*.

>> Works fine here. I'm guessing that you have a broken libasound
>> installation.

> Or you are still on previous libasound?

1.0.11 here...

>> That means that the VDR patch needs to be updated to work with CVS HEAD.
>> You should either do that (it may be enough to remove
>> @XINE_PLUGIN_MIN_SYMS@) or use 1.1.2.

> Yes, it took me some time to discover the patch wasn't made for the CVS :-)

:-)

| + Buy local produce. Try to walk or cycle. TRANSPORT CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING.

I'm a member of the International Brotherhood of Tagline Thieves.