Audio out of sync after change of scene in recording

> Quite often audio gets out of sync when replaying a recording where
> scene changes. When this occurs the picture gets fully black for brief
> moment during the change of the scene. For example in cases where
> originally there was a commercial break before next scene but the
> broadcaster had joined scenes together, the audio problem appears.

This has been a longterm problem for me for all versions of VDR on a full
featured technotrend. Is it a VDR problem or a driver problem?

This happens in the UK on a DVB-T recording when interference in the
stream is prominent. After the interference causes the video to skip or
distort a little then the audio can drift out of sync.

> It is easy to fix (skip back and forth by a minute) but it is annoying.
> Is there any way to fix this (like continuously monitor the video and
> audio sync) in VDR?

Yes, this fixes it here too - but is annoying to have to do.

I have seen this problem reported before, but no-one seems to want to fix
it or even admit there is a problem. IMHO whenever there is a glitch or
issue with the video, there should be a mechanism to re-sync the video &
audio - or this should just happen regularly (dropping frames etc)

I'm hoping one day this problem will be addressed, as it is now really the
only serious issue that I see with VDR.

Cheers,

morfsta