[OT] SPDIF and AC3

Hi list.

I'm trying to get DD/AC3 *properly* working with vdr and my reciever a
Marantz SR5600.

PCM works ok right out of the FF card and my A/V Reciever decodes PCM
basically OK. However I've found when playing a DVD encoded with DD in a
DVD player the reciever properly finds out that the PCM is encoded with
DD and makes settings accordingly.

Does the SPDIF stream of the FF card miss some headers to make this
work? (Of course the transmission needs to be DD encoded.)

Does using the bitstreamout plugin help in any way?

BR
/t