Re: Re: softdevice & nvidia overlay issues (Stefan Lucke)

On Freitag 30 Juni 2006 02:18, CR wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Here's the info you asked for...
>
> Stefan Lucke wrote:
>

> > To see which Xv ports are available, show us the output of command: xvinfo .
> > For some cards switching between texture and overlay port can be done via
> > X11 configuration parameters.
> > For matrox cards it is: Option       "TexturedVideo" "true"
>
> But this means the card supports an overlay port but uses textures to
> display the data?

Yes. The lower 2 screenshots from: http://softdevice.berlios.de/
are from my matrox with TexturedVideo on, and osd-drawing set to software.
So software osd-drawing, is the mode you have to choose, as your card
does not support mixing in overlay mode.

A) If you get wrong colors (that should be both: video and osd with and without
   video) you could try to change FOURCC_YV12 to FOURCC_I420 in file
   softdevice.c (2 times).

If there are still troubles, please provide something like table for
each fourrcc type.

B) Another try is to choose the "Video Blitter"  instead of "Video Texture".
   For this you'll have to change variable use_xv_port = 54 (around line
   740 in file video-xv.c).  I don't know whats the difference between them.

C) In case you have a problem like
   OSD-colors ok and video-colors bad
   OSD-colors bad and video-colors ok
   you may try to change in video-xv.c the OSD u and v components, line 1643,
   and in line 1652 (OsdPu -> OsdPv):
          AlphaBlend(pixels[1]+i*xvWidth/2+cutLeft,
                     OsdPv+i*OSD_FULL_WIDTH/2+cutLeft, //<-- !! change to OsdPu
                     Pv+ i * UVstride+cutLeft,
                     OsdPAlphaUV+i*OSD_FULL_WIDTH/2+cutLeft,
                     fwidth/2-(cutLeft+cutRight));

As there are a few users who have nvidia cards and most of them complain
about softdevice issues with them, some of those users should try to develop
a clean support for these cards.

--
Stefan Lucke