VDR starts VPS recording on status 2 (StartsInAFewSeconds)

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Oliver Holler wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > using the newest version 1.4.1-1 VDR starts a VPS recording at the
> > wrong time. As you can see in the log the timer 8 is a timer using
> > VPS time 1900.

[...]
> > With previous versions of VDR I had no problems with recording this
> > program. It is also possible that ZDF did not send running status 2
> > in the past.
>
> VDR has always started VPS recordings at status 2. The ZDF has only
> recently begun to support that status.

Most programmes of the ARD have started using status 2 (and 1) also. I
had a lengthy e-mail conversation with the technical support of ARD
Digital about the problems the had (and still have) with broadcasting
the correct running status. The situation has improved since then, most
VPS timers work correctly now.

I'm very glad that they now use status 2 so that most recordings contain
the beginning of the show or film. This was not the case until some
months ago.

> Apparently they haven't read the standard closely

I almost come to the conclusion that they *didn't* read it. There is
much room for improvements, e.g. "Das Erste" is still broadcasting 2
channel audio in one stereo MPEG stream.

Regards,
Andreas.