ATi Remote key repeat

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 12:35:55PM +0200, Artur Skawina wrote:
> Chris Jones wrote:
> >Does anyone know how I can control the repeat rate of my ATi Remote Bob
> >(which appears as a regular keyboard in /dev/input)? It's a great
> >remote, but at the moment (Ubuntu Dapper) I basically can't use it
> >because each button press prodces 4 or 5 events, so I can't use the OSD.
>
> is this an x10 remote using the kernel ati_remote driver? if yes, you can
> try the attached patch.
> A Medion remote i have was unusable w/o this change; eg. pressing the same
> key twice resulted in six events: one for the first key press and five for
> the second. Switching to channel '11' or moving two lines down triggers
> this...

I wonder why you can't just use the IR frame repeat rate as the key repeat
rate.  If the key repeat is disconnected from frame repeat, it is hard to
scroll down a menu, say, by exactly 7 steps.

I and Darren Salt patched the cx88 driver (of the new Hauppauge Nova-T)
to do that, but sadly it seems that the patches will not make it to the
v4l hg tree.  The patches map the RC5 frame repeat rate of 113 ms to
key repeat.  The first repeated frame is discarded in order to get some
delay before initial repeat.  The repeat rate feels okay.

	Marko
	http://www.iki.fi/~msmakela/software/vdr/