VDR Help - Xine Engine error

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 18:35, Gulab Chandra Yadava wrote:
> Hi Mike
> Still I have the same problem.
ok...
> Can u tell what does **8 xine vdr:/tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes
> *** mean ????????

it tells xine to use the vdr plugin, and hands it the location of a pipe,
which the vdr plugin creates when it starts....

> Does any directory needs to created as /tmp/vdr-xine ... ?????
no, the plugin will do that itself I think.
> Can u tell me any command line option to record stream through VDR
> ???????? whenever I am able record thrugh dvb-apps.

I think maybe you havent setup vdr.  you need to create a vdr channels.conf
for it to work.  if you use the dvb-apps to create a channels.conf, use
the -o vdr option to create a vdr compatible file, then put it in the /video
directory and restart vdr.

Cheers
Mike