Re: pvrinput - NTSC doesn't work? Anyone?

> Hi Simon,
>
> Simon Baxter wrote:
>> Hi.
>> I can't get the pvrinput plugin to work with NTSC.
>>
>> even though my channels.conf has
>> 4 KOMO;KOMO:67250:I0C0:C:0:301:300:305:A1:996:0:0:0
>>
>> the 'I0' does not seem to select NTSC.  I think the picture is being
>> recorded is at 720x576, 25fps
>>
>> if I do a 'vdrsync.pl -i 001.vdr' the video file created reports:
>> 'CCIR/ITU
>> PAL 625, 4:3, 25 fps'
>>
>> if I get mplayer to play the file directly 'mplayer 001.vdr' it reports:
>> Playing 001.vdr.
>> MPEG-PES file format detected.
>> VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x576  (aspect 2)  25.000 fps  6000.0 kbps (750.0
>> kbyte/s)
>>
>> There's also no audio.?
>>
>> Does pvrinput support NTSC???
>
> I think it should, from what I've read in its documentation and sources.
> The TV norm seems to be only set by the inversion field in the
> channels.conf entry, so you have to specify your "I0" (take care of the
> syntax, I don't know if it matters if it's before or after "C0". You
> should also set "Frames per GOP" in the setup menu or setup.conf entry
> of the pvrinput plugin to 15 for NTSC (for PAL I think it's 12). And I
> also think I found a bug by grepping after tv norm and stuff in the
> source, please also apply attached patch, I think the frame size was
> always set to 720x576 which can never be NTSC.
> I also guess you patched your VDR for NTSC, so maybe it just can't
> playback your pvrinput stream if it's looking like you described, be it
> live or recorded, as it seems to be PAL...

Patched VDR for NTSC?  Nope - I must have missed something??

I had been using VDR in the UK for several years before moving to NTSC land.
The PAL recordings I made there do play back ok - just the new stuff
recorded with pvrinput fails...

> Try these, maybe it helps, but I can't guarantee, as I'm not the author
> of pvrinput, and I also can't test with NTSC.
>
> Lucian

Thanks, I'll have a play with the provided patch.

Simon