streamdev-server for 1.4.1

Aftab Ahmed wrote:

> Ahhh some one else that wants to watch the foorball at work!!
>
> I used the attacted patch to make the current cvs work a few days ago.
>
> I am still using 1.4.0-3, but i doubt that should make a difference

Thanks for that - I did manage to find a Debianised streamdev package
(whose URL I have already forgotten) but hopefully your patch should
help others now (and likely myself in future! :)

As for football, I'd rather gnaw my leg off =) The Extern feature is for
my own experiments.

As it happens, I've already set up a VDR + streamdev server here at work
using DVB-T so people can stream the raw MPEG2 of World Cup matches to
their desktop PCs, and people are very happy with it =)

I did try to do it with VLC, but encountered a bug which ate 3MB of RAM
on the server per second when the stream was running (!)

Cheers,
Gavin.