vdr 1.4 packages now available via openSUSE build service

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 30. Mai 2006 10:05 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a vdr project on the openSUSE build service. Packages for
> vdr-1.4.0 + maintenance patches for SUSE Linux 9.3-10.1 are available at
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/repositories/vdr/
>
> cu
> Ludwig

Good news!

Is it possible to use this with a budget card only and the vdr-xine plugin?
Which vdr-xine and xine versions would I need? Is it possible to use a xine
rpm?

I am asking, because I *very* rarely use live TV, but from time to time I
would like to grab with vdradmin-am or use the osd to change settings and
since some time my usual build of vdr and xine from tar or cvs with vdr-xine
patches does not work anymore. I didn't have the time to investigate why it
failed, but with failed I mean everything builds and vdr runs fine without
the xine plugin loaded. With the plugin vdr hangs and a homegrown xine - with
or without the vdr-xine patches - does not start (message: locale not
supported by C library ... Cannot open display '  flag "%s"...). Suse or
packman provided xine rpm's do work for viewing of vdr recordings but not
with vdr-xine.

FWIW:
I have SuSE 10 64bit running on an AMD64.
Last time I tried to compile was 2006-05-07 with vdr-1.4.0 tar, vdr-xine 0.7.9
tar and the xine cvs packages provided by vdr-xine from 20060319194500.

Regards,

Joachim Banzhaf