xine-network patches

Peter Weber wrote:
>>-------- Original-Nachricht --------
>>Datum: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:10:47 +0300
>>Von: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@xxxxxxxxx>
>>Betreff: Re: xine-network patches
>>
>>Magnus H?rlin wrote:

>>>I'm running vdr-1.4.0, vdr-xine-0.7.9 with network patch from x-vdr and
>>>a xine-lib and xine-ui from the xine cvs the day 1.4.0 was released. I
>>>have however not had any problems with any combination of xine and vdr.
>>>Do you have the same problem when running the ui on the same machine as
>>>vdr?
>>>

>>No, I don't, and that's really strange. When running on the same system
>>I get no picture at all and lots of errors like this:
>>=== CLEAR(-4.2)
>>=== CLEAR(-4.3)
>>=== CLEAR(-4.4)
>>=== CLEAR(-4.5)
>>--- CLEAR(-4b)
>>bad_frame
>>bad_frame
>>bad_frame
>>bad_frame
>>bad_frame
>>
>>I guess I'll to try to change the xine-lib version to the one you use.
>
> i use this settings in setup.conf
>
> xine.modeLiveTV.monitoringDuration = 0
> xine.modeLiveTV.prebufferFrames = 4
> xine.modeLiveTV.prebufferHysteresis = 4
>
> after this changes, all went ok on my client

Thanks for the suggestions, people. Unfortunately neither improved the
situation. Running xine-ui in remote x86_64 host produces slow motion =>
transfer buffer overflows continuosly, and running on local i586 host
produces lots of errors but no picture.

The problem isn't in the network bandwidth, because I can use
mplayer+streamdev to watch many channels simultaneously. CPU power is
also not a problem, as there is a lot of idle time in both systems. Also
note that I had this working when the network-xine patch was first
introduced.

It feels like the code sleeps somewhere too long or something like it.

What do you think, how should I proceed in debugging this?

--
Anssi Hannula