Some small bug in vdr 1.4.0

Gregoire Favre wrote:

>That's great, is there a "tutorial" for using valgrind ?

See here:

http://www.cprogramming.com/debugging/valgrind.html
http://valgrind.org/

for the Debian vdr packages in my repository (sorry, german only) :
http://www.e-tobi.net/blog/articles/2006/04/30/speicherlecks-im-vdr-finden

Debugging a vdr plugin with valgrind is a little bit tricky, because the
symbols get lost, when VDR unloads the plugins. That's why I've built a
small patch for the Debian vdr debug package. With this patch, you can
force VDR to keep the plugin libs loaded with the options -k or
--keep-plugins.

I've attached the patch to this mail.

Don't forget to compile VDR and the plugins with debugging informaton (
-g  ) and without optimization (-O0)  - and don't strip the symbols from
the binary!

bye,

Tobias