vdr exits while starting a recording

Hello,

I'm using vdr for a few years now and last weekend I upgraded to version
1.4.0.

When vdr is running awhile and now starts a recording, it exits. On the other
hand when the recording starts immediately after booting my system everything
is fine.

In the log file is a little difference between the two cases. In the first
case the cam module is already loaded, when the recording starts. In the
second case the recording starts before my cam module is loaded.

My configuration:
Ubuntu 5.10,
one dvb device (fujitsu siemens dvb-c ff) with a cam - vdr primary device,
another dvb device (hauppauge dvb-c ff) without a cam.

Perhaps someone out there has a solution for my problem.

Thanks to all contributors for the great work.

Greetings
Berni