"Pausing Live Video" Creates Entry in Recondings list/timer

When striking the "pause" key during live video, of course the video
gets paused, and an entry starting with "@" is added to the recordings
list, as well as a timer, and I'm sure this is normal behaviour.

My question is, is it possible to have no entry appear in the
recordings/timers list during a strike of the pause key?  I find that if
Im watching TV for a day, and make several pauses during the day (phone
rings, etc), that at the end of the day I have to remove all those
instant recordings from the list.  My thinking is that an instant
recording should appear in the recordings list when the "record" key is
pressed.

Is this been addressed before ?  Or am I just missing something?

I know of the Livebuffer patch and have used it for a long time but
would like to get away from this patch, as I find it unstable sometimes.

Thanks!  Dave