Help! No lock on primary device when timer starts

Hello,

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 20:21, Joachim Banzhaf (compuserve) wrote:
> Hallo Andreas,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 26. April 2006 16:31 schrieb Andreas Mair:
> > Hi Mattia,
> >
> > every DVB-S card has a cable of its own, no pass through.
>
> Don't know the strategy of vdr to allocate cards for recordings and live
> TV, so my guess would be, you have a problem with one of your cards - the
> one, that is only used when at least one recording started (or with the
> cabel/switch/lnb/dish used by that card)

Yesterday I made some more tests. I was watching ZDF. Then started a
recording on Das Erste (Card 2). LiveTV was fine. So I started another
recording on BR (Card 2 again) and everything was still fine. Then I
recorded ZDF (Card 1): still everything fine. Then I watched some
recordings. Still no problems.
So I'd say my cards are OK, aren't they?
After stopping all recordings and waiting some time LiveTV is broken.

I've taken a look at may satelite dish/switch and noticed that the switch's
power supply wasn't connected. I connected it again went down to the living
room and LiveTV on ZDF was fine again.
Broken LiveTV never cured itself before so maybe my problems came due to the
disconnected power supply. What do you think?

> > Regards,
> > Andreas
> >
> > On Wednesday 26 April 2006 16:18, Mattia Rossi wrote:

> Did it work in the past?

Yes.

> What changed since then?

Many things changed, which I all tried to downgrade to the last known
working configuration: VDR, firmware, DVB driver, but not kernel version
(IIRC). I had no chance to downgrade the DVB drivers as I can't find out
what date they were from :(
And obviously the switch's power supply had been disconnected, let's hope
that re-connecting it brings back my beloved stable VDR box...

Thanks for your attention!

Regards,
Andreas
--