Audio-only playback stops if recording starts on primary device

On 26 Apr 2006 Tobias Grimm <listaccount@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When playing back audio only files with e.g. the MP3 or the Podcatcher
> plugin ( pmAudioOnly mode ), the playback suddenly stops, if a recording
> from the primary device starts (I'm using a full featured and a budget
> card with 1.3.48). There's no problem, if I force the recording to the
> budget card.
[...]
> I'm not sure, whether this is a  VDR bug or a plugin bug, but I assume
> the problem can be found in VDR. The plugins initialize the player with
> cPlayer(pmAudioOnly).

This has been discussed some time ago.

As a recording has to (at least potentionaly) switch the channel
and the live video occupies the device, the player has to be
aborted. If you would use "black" mode in MP3-plugin, the player
won't be aborted (device not occupied).

When you're recording on primary device and watching live TV,
VDR uses transfer mode. Transfer mode counts as a player and
there can only be one player at a time. So if you starts
MP3-plugin in this situation, transfer mode is aborted and you
ends up with no video.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Regards.

--