[patch] Load plugins based on VDRVERSION and APIVERSION alternatively

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I'm afraid I don't like this.
>
> APIVERSION was introduced because several people complained that
> they had to recompile all plugins every time there was even the slightest
> change in VDR. As long as none of VDR's header files has been changed
> (in a way that would cause incompatibilities) a newer version of VDR (which, for
> instance, fixes some bugs and has only changes in *.c files) should be
> able to use existing compiled versions of plugins. If we start using either
> VDRVERSION or APIVERSION, there will never be a clear way of handling this.

I understand, and I also see this as the major drawback of the patch. I
just wanted to make the suggestion before this gets hot.

We'll see how much chaos will arise when VDRVERSION and APIVERSION
differ the first time. Hopefully, most plugins will soon be updated.

Cheers,

Udo