Usability issue: "back" key not working as expected

Hi,

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 15:16, Marko M?kel? wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 02:28:12PM +0200, Andreas Mair wrote:
> > I know that the "menu" key always closes the current OSD. But
> > nevertheless "back" associates that by hitting it you'll get to where
> > you came from. I think nobody thinks of getting to VDR's previous menu
> > in its menu hierarchy.
>
> I, for one, expect the "Back" button to return to the previous level in
> the menu hierarchy.  Think of the setup menus and the timer and recording
> menus.

You are right, but I didn't ask to change that. If I open the the main menu
and then navigate to any submenu (e.g. Recordings) and then open a
recording's info by pressing "blue" (IIRC) and _now_ press "back" it's
absolutely logical that I return to the recordings menu. But if I watch a
recording and press "info" I don't expect that "back" shows the recordings
menu.

I mean that the "back" key should never bring me to a menu I didn't pass
before.

Another example:
In recordings menu pressing a "shortcut" key to run a reccmd for that
recording (for example "3" key) I see the reccmd's output. Now I press
"back" and what do I see? No, it's _not_ the recording's menu where I
pressed "3". I see a listing of defined reccmds.

> > Is there a chance that this will change someday or is this the intended
> > behaviour?
>
> Maybe the "Info" button should close the current OSD before opening a new
> one?

I was talking about pressing the "info" key without an open OSD.

I hope I could make it more clear now...

Regards,
Andreas
--
http://andreas.vdr-developer.org --- VDRAdmin-AM