ScanVideoDir is holding back VDR for up to 15min at?Startupusing NFS-Devices

"Volker Schierz" <schierz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> first, saying VDR is a VDR and nothing else is OK for me (I'll do it on
> my own).
> Second, that separated thread is nice, but an illusion. Cause it gains
> as much Disk-Access,
> nothing else will be done beside of it. So, why not reduce it to the max
> in findind recordings
> as as quick as possible.

IMHO putting non-related files into the video dir is like putting
non-related files into an IMAP folder and expecting the IMAP daemon to
work around it.
*nix is so flexible when it comes to mounting and linking of partitions
and directories I don't see a need to put mp3 files and alike into the
video dir - and all plugins allow you to configure separate directories
for their needs...
So why add more complexity to a working system?

Just my thoughts though...

Cheers,
    Juri