Re: Problems with xine's aspect ratio & padding with 4:3 aspect ratio

> I'm glad there is a solution for X11-based setups. Then, what I said
> about pixel aspect ratio still has to be handled for framebuffer
> frontends, as there is no way to tell them like in x11 windows, what
> geometry to use, they just display at screen resolution, but they are
> ignoring physical display sizes, therefore aspect is mostly wrong with
> content which is not 720x576 for PAL, or 720x480 for NTSC, (and those
> are mostly with much smaller horizontal resolutions, and the content
> aspect ratio set to 4:3). Anyway, a xine problem.

I just noticed that the DPI does not get set properly for me unless I start X
like this:

startx -- -logverbose 5

If i just type "startx", then for some reason the DPI does not get set
properly.. X doesnt read the DisplaySize settings to generate the DPI unless I
use the "logverbose" switch. Hmm? Is this an environment setting?

BR.