Issues with network vdr-xine 0.7.8 / stuttering, poor performance

Hi all,

When I connect a xine-network client to vdr w/vdr-xine, the video
stutters, frame rate is 2-5 FPS, video freezes for several seconds, there
is 2-4 seconds of normal video (with normal audio) then it freezes and the
whole process repeats.  Network is 100 Mbps switched Ethernet with all
machines using 100 Mbps Full-Duplex connections.  I am not using any
plug-ins other than xine (no EPG, etc, etc).  All channels seem to operate
the same way.

I did modify VDR's FRAMESPERSEC and set it to 30 (for NTSC).

Oddly, if I use xine on the vdr machine and launch it localhost, video is
fine, audio is fine, I can change channels, etc!  Everything seems to work
well.

I have tried two different clients, completely different hardware and
Linux distros with same results.

Xine-lib is compiled on all three machines identically, first RH's
xine-lib patch applied, then the network patch.  One machine is a K7 2800+
MP, GeForce Ti4600 w/nVidia drivers, etc.  Second machine is a P3 700 MHz
with S3 video.

I also notice sometimes if I connect with the client, the host will report
"wrong version", particularly, if the client was forced to disconnect
quickly previously.

Here are the versions of what I am using:

- VDR 1.3.44
- vdr-xine 0.7.8
- xine-lib-cvs-20060319194500.tar.bz2,
- xine-ui-cvs-20060319194500,