Problem with LiveBuffer and vdr-xine

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

> Hi,

> it

>  >>
> >> In config.h LIVEBUFFERVERSION is defined, when livebuffer has been
> applied:
> >> #define LIVEBUFFERVERSION 106
> >>
> >> When the livebuffer is active (replaying)
> >> cTransferControl::ReceiverDevice() returns the receiving device. So you
> >> could use this for detecting Live TV.
> >>
> >> But I think it would be better to adapt the livebuffer patch so that
> >> cDevice::Transferring() returns also true when a livebuffer recording
> is
> >> played. (Or does something argue against it?)
> >
> > I try to force Live TV in vdr-xine for LiveBuffer to solve the problem.
> View
> > channels work ok. But when moving back or forward into the LiveBuffer
> don't
> > work very well.
>
> Hhm, it seems that it is not that easy to find a proper solution. Maybe
> cDevice::Transferring() could be patched to return true when
> LiveBuffer's reader and writer are almost at the same position (delta ~
> 8 frames) and to return false otherwise.

I don't know vdr-xine, so why is it neccessary to distinguish between LiveTV
and a recording. And why does fast forward / backward doesn't work correctly
when you in LiveTV mode?

Patching cDevice::Transferring() the way you suggested shouldn't be much of
a problem. But this behaviour doesn't seem to me very logical.

Thomas