tunerlock with alternate primary device

> I have not used the -D option because I want to be able to switch primary DVB
> devices on the fly. I just assumed that PrimaryDVB in setup.conf would determine
> the default for both CardIndex and device index. I am using a Nexus card in
> softmode with xine.  I can switch between hardware and software decoding from
> VDR's DVB settings by selecting which primary device to use.  It it just during
> startup that I get that error message when I have xine as the default DVB device
> (PrimaryDVB = 2).

I have found a solution. When I set "Get primary device when xine connects:
Yes", then I do not have to change PrimaryDVB at all.  Xine just makes itself
primary when connecting automatically. This eliminates the error message
completely because VDR starts up in hardware mode, then turns into softmode when
xine is started.  When xine is closed, VDR automatically goes back into hardware
mode.

Best Regards.