xine-0.7.8 with vdr-dvd plugin

Hi,

C.Y.M wrote:

> When I attempt to play DVD's under xine-0.7.8 using the DVD plugin (from CVS), I
> get alot of skipping to the point that it is not watchable.  Does anyone have
> the DVD plugin for VDR working with the Xine plugin? I have tried the XVMC
> driver and that fails immediately. When I use the "XV" display driver, it works
> a little, but thats when I get the really bad skips in video.  My video card is
> a Nvidia GeForce MX 420 and I am using the current 8178 proprietary video drivers.

Hhm, I do not see such an issue. I use a GeForce 6600GT with NVidia
driver version 8174, using xine's output driver xv. My system is
equipped with a P4 2.8 GHz HT CPU. I run debug builds of VDR and xine,
so my load my be a bit higher than with regular builds.

With the deinterlacer enabled (as specified in MANUAL), I have a CPU
load of about 15-20 %. Although the CPU load is not too high, xine still
gives me a lot of these messages

video_out: Verwerfe Bild mit pts 246538, weil es zu alt ist
(Unterschied: 1982).

When I disable the deinterlacer, CPU load drops to 7-10% and the above
messages no longer appear.

I must admit, I never had those messages in the past although I had a
much higher CPU load. But recently I replaced my P-ATA drive by a S-ATA
one to get the P-ATA drive repaired.

And it looks like I have this issue (and lost TS packets, too) since the
time when I replaced the drive (I didn't have any S-ATA drive before in
this system).

I use an ext3 file system with a commit interval of 5 seconds. gkrellm
shows me a disc access every 5 seconds, but I still haven't checked
whether there is anything to commit. So I still hope that things improve
when I get my drive back.

BTW: SUSE 10, kernel-smp-2.6.13-15.8

Bye.
--