Feature Request: send keys first to skins, while display

Hardy Flor wrote:
>> A skin object doesn't have a ProcessKey() function,
>> so it can't receive any keypresses. The skin's sole
>> function is to _display_ things - it doesn't implement
>> any actual functionality.
>
> And why, the Plugins does not have nevertheless the ProcessKey(...)
> then the Plugin must note even only, which display (cSkinDisplayChannel
> ...)  is active.

Even after several attempts, I don't understand what you mean.

The point is, that a skin should only handle displaying. VDR skins
already are quite powerful. Moving more and more things into skins will
lead to a skeleton VDR app, and monolithic skin packs, just as
monolithic as VDR was before skins were introduced.

How keys behave is the decision of the app behind the skin, not the skin
itself. And maybe, if VDR gets more modular in the future, plugins can
replace things like EPG browser and recordings menu to implement
different behavior. And then these plugins will use the skin to display
what they want.

> How otherwise are the color keys to be changed dependent on represented
> information?

Its the decision of the program/plugin behind the skin what the color
keys do, and how they're named. At the end, the program/plugin will have
to react on it, and how should the skin teach the program new tricks?

Cheers,

Udo