Eggtimer-0.9.1 thread won't end

C.Y.M wrote:
> I wanted to test this "eggtimer-0.9.1" plugin with vdr-1.3.44 and it seems to
> work pretty well.  But, when I have the eggtimer switch to a specific channel on
> a timer, I get the following error message when I try to change channels
> manually after the eggtimer switched the channel.
>
> vdr: [13902] ERROR: Eggtimer thread 13902 won't end (waited 30 seconds) -
> canceling it...
>
> Has anyone seen this error?
>
> Best Regards,

I tried to reproduce the problem but things worked well on my
2-card-system. Eggtimer switched
channel, I was able to zap to another transponder, start a recording
there and then zapped to channel
that was provided by a third transponder - worked so far.

I then started VDR with only one device and got the same error as
mentioned by C.Y.M.

Do I have to lock/unlock the cDevice when switching to a channel?

I think the error must be within that code:

void cEggtimerThread::Stop(void) {
#ifdef DEBUG
        printf("cEggtimerThread::Stop\n" );
#endif
        running = false;
        Cancel(30);
}

void cEggtimerThread::Action(void) {
#ifdef DEBUG
    printf("cEggtimerThread::Action\n" );
#endif

    while ( running ) {
        // time is over ?
        if (eggtimer->TimeReached()) {
            switch (eggtimer->action) {
                case EGGTIMER_ACTION_SWITCH: { // switch to channel
                    cChannel *chan = Channels.GetByNumber(
eggtimer->channel );
                    cDevice *device = cDevice::ActualDevice();

                    if ( chan == NULL || device == NULL ||
!device->SwitchChannel(chan , true) ) {
#if VDRVERSNUM < 10314
                        Interface->Error( tr("Eggtimer: could not switch
channel") );
#else
                        Skins.Message( mtError, tr("Eggtimer: could not
switch channel") );
#endif
                    }

                    Stop(); // Stop eggtimer thread
                } break;

                case EGGTIMER_ACTION_MSG: { // OSD message
                    time_t now = time(NULL); // for repeating messages
we need
                    // current time

                    // If 2.5 * MessageTime (VDR Setup) has expired =>
display again
                    if (now - lastInfo >= (int) (2.5 *
Setup.OSDMessageTime) ) {
                        // Display a status msg for OSDMessageTime seconds
#if VDRVERSNUM < 10307
                        Interface->Status( eggtimer->msg );
                        usleep( Setup.OSDMessageTime * 1000);
                        Interface->Status( NULL );
#else
                        Skins.Message( mtStatus, eggtimer->msg );
                        cCondWait::SleepMs( Setup.OSDMessageTime * 1000);
                        Skins.Message( mtStatus, NULL );
#endif
                        // remember time when message was displayed
                        lastInfo = now;
                    }
                } break;
                case EGGTIMER_ACTION_COMMAND: { // Execute command
                        cCommand *command = Commands.Get(
eggtimer->command );

                        if (command != NULL) {
                            command->Execute();
                        } else
#if VDRVERSNUM < 10314
                            Interface->Error( tr("Eggtimer: command not
found") );
#else
                            Skins.Message( mtError, tr("Eggtimer:
command not found") );