Any USA users out there?

I have used the same equipment that most others on the list use -- I
have a Vision DVB-S card that has been working for 3 years with no
problems.  Dish is a 18" with dual LMB's and a diseqc 4-way.  All
standard stuff really.  This of course will get you only FTA stuff but I
hear there is software plugins for decrypting.  There are no legal means
to obtain signals from providers like Dish or DirecTV.

As for ATSC, just google for one and go with name brand like Hauppauge,
etc.  Here is an example
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202021202&adid=17662

I've used hoochster's web site for the north american patches (like
NTSC) and its been invaluable in that way.  (Thanks Hoochster!).